rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
best fight in the new world.

the editor's note confirms that zoro can one shot kaido, so even if ZKK doesn't happen, i'm already satisfied.

king:
best design (no mask, open jacket)
best fighting style, maximum skills, extreme aggression.
doesn't fuck around (which is what i like the most in a character)
interesting lore

oda really failed king when he didn't give him AdvCoC, which is quite disappointing.
the new onigashima plot line is the worst plot line in the story, it just limited the war to a few minutes, everything was rushed, except the otameh and the other bullshit stuff that nobody give a shit about.

king deserved a lot more time and development.

but we learned something today: you don't have AdvCoC, you don't matter.
It can pierce the dragon not one shot dragon. :okay:

Zoro vs King is the best battle of the war so far, Zoro's best battle and one of the best battles of the manga.

King was the perfect opponent for Zoro. He has incredibe high level fighting skills. King is the most complete fighter. He possess skills in all area and can adapt to any situation. He can attack at all range and is skilled in weapons and unarmed combat.

He possess top speed and durability/defense beyond Kaido thanks to his Lunarian power. Even without that power he is still very fast and durable thanks to his natural speed and ancient zoan powers.

King possess fire power and manipulation. His fire AP is at the level of magma. That's the highest level fire can reach since magma is higher/stronger than fire. Meaning his fire power top tier.

Even after Zoro obtained ACoC King didn't go down easy because of his fighting skills, Lunarian power, AP and more.

Can't wait to see what else Oda has in store for Zoro. Black blade and ZKK.

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Zoro vs King is the best battle of the war so far, Zoro's best battle and one of the best battles 8fnthe manga.

King was the perfect opponent for Zoro. He has incredibe high level fighting skills. King is the most complete fighter. He possess skills in all area and can adapt to any situation. He can attack at all range and is skilled in weapons and unarmed combat.

He possess top speed and durability/defense beyond Kaido thanks to his Lunarian power. Even without that power he is still very fast and durable thanks to his natural speed and ancient zoan powers.

King possess fire power and manipulation. His fire AP is at the level of magma. That's the highest level fire can reach since magma is higher/stronger than fire. Meaning his fire power top tier.

Even after Zoro obtained ACoC King didn't go down easy because of his fighting skills, Lunarian power, AP and more.

Can't wait to see what else Oda has in store for Zoro. Black blade and ZKK.
It's ultra-rare to see a fighter more complete than Zoro. Heck, if I think back, this might be the first time...:crazwhat:

Electrifying chapter.

To the next and main portion, Zoro vs King continues, revealing King’s face in the process. Learning why he hides his face; we get a sense that King has had to guard himself for years. Merely informing the Government of a Lunarian grants a hefty bounty. Another thing we can add to the running theme of loyalty in this arc. There’s deep dysfunction within the Beast Pirates, from the opportunism of the Flying 6 to usurp the Calamities, to lower cards quick to rat out a superior and/or King perceiving pretty much anyone as a potential enemy.

King, on the other hand, holds immense trust and fealty to Kaido. They formed the Beast Pirates together with a shared goal of changing the world. As to why they want to isn’t clear for now, but King’s potential resentment towards the world for what they’ve done to him, and the fact he is the last remaining Lunarian, may be what motivates him to follow Kaido’s vision, which is a world of violence.

King’s disposition this chapter has changed for me. Prior to this chapter, he seemed like a plainly ruthless antagonist that only followed Kaido because he was the strongest, and the strongest survive. And while that may be still true to an extent, he seems more melancholic. Tragic. King has likely grown up without knowing who his parents were, and being tortured for simply being born the way he is. He has had to suffer the worst of the outside world the people of Wano have feared. Kaido was his savior and salvation. It comes as no surprise, then, that he would be the most devoted follower.

Zoro, now having realized his nature of a king, fights with an ironclad resolve even greater than before. He is in his element. This whole chapter plays as kind of a mirror to 1033, with Zoro in control of the fight and King now on the back foot reflecting on his past. King thinks back to his first encounter with Kaido just as Zoro remembered first joining Luffy in 1033. Kaido was the person to give King a purpose, whilst Zoro was emboldened by Luffy to become the best that he can be.

King seems to take Zoro exuding his conqueror’s haki as an affront on Kaido, which is consistent with Kaido’s disdain for too many conquerors. Kaido’s shadow looms over this fight, as King creates a flame construct in the image of an Eastern Dragon, Kaido’s deified state, and a symbol of power and order within Wano. Zoro tears through that symbol of King’s admiration, vowing to make King remember him in defeat. A nod to Ryuma’s legacy of cementing Wano as the land of Samurai, and Zoro is among them. They will no longer be oppressed by the Dragon.

It could be part of why Kaido is insistent on making Yamato their successor. There can only be one ruler, one who reigns overall, and after his, Kaido’s, time has passed, then Yamato would/should take over. This would contrast with Luffy, who has a conqueror on his ship, and potentially more. A sign of Luffy being a king among kings and a proponent of freedom; a fundamental difference on how Kaido’s and Luffy’s crews operate.

Final note, King’s pretty hot (pun not intended), but Zoro is still better, imo.

I feel conflicted by this chapter. It was entertaining and interesting but I wanted so much more out of King. I mean we had longer flashbacks for goofy antagonists like Senior Pink but we barely got anything for the hot guy. There was so much build up about him being the sole survivor of his race and the Celestial Dragons. The obvious parallels between Mosshead and Alber made it even worse and we got another look at Punk Hazard. He was so strong that Zoro reminisced about Kuina and I was expecting a longer fight between them and an actual clash of Conquerors. King just threw a huge magma Dragon like Itachi's lame looking Amaterasu which is not that exciting and I could barely see Zoro in the last panel.

The whole fight gives me Sasuke vs Itachi vibes it looks cool but could have been so much more and just feels off.

Great points but Shiryo will be superior
Shyiru better not go anywhere near zoro otherwise he will get low dif by zoro
Post automatically merged:

Zoro next
Zoro's next opponent is a top tier for sure. Endgame is coming closer than expected.

Also, great chapter.
Opponent is going to be an admiral either fuji or kizaru
Post automatically merged:

Zoro next
Zoro's next opponent is a top tier for sure. Endgame is coming closer than expected.

Also, great chapter.
Opponent is going to be an admiral either fuji or kizaru

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.